I finished these last night and can't wait to wear them!
Also, just a note on the pattern. Because I used fewer stitches than the original I had to adjust the ribbing pattern as well. Starting with the first decrease stitch I used a pattern of K1, P1, K1, P1, K1, P2, K1, P2, K1, P2. This way the first 3 "K1"s follow the line of the stitches before, between and after the yarnovers and the "P1" stitches are over the yarnovers. Here's a photo.
This hat design is just the cutest thing I ever did see. It was the thing that made me buy the book, Chic Knits for Stylish Babies. BUT. And its a big BUT. This pattern is really poorly written. Let me count the ways:
With the Cherry Blossom festival just a few weeks away, I've been working on some festive pink and silver socks to welcome the Spring.
The pattern is Anastasia Socks, which is available as a free download on Ravelry. I had a bit of trouble with starting each one. With the right foot my gauge was off, and then even when my gauge was right they were too big. So I started again with only 52 stitches (as opposed to 60) with 9 stitches between each spiral. Now they fit just fine!